Friday, July 26, 2013

More Food Processing

Food, food everywhere! I'm trying hard to keep up. Yesterday morning I made pesto. I was only able to process two of the three plants in my backyard, and I haven't even started on the ones in the farm.
Then in the afternoon, Delina came over and we made fig jam. She has white figs, which are beautiful. They look sort of like watermelon. Notice the big jar of sugar in the back. Jam making takes lots of sugar, even for the low-sugar recipes.
Here are the figs simmering in the pot. 
**************************************
What We're Eating
Last night for Rock Band practice, we had spiced cream cheese with the fig jam and my zucchini relish. Well not all together, but cream cheese and zucchini relish is wonderful together on a cracker. So is fig jam and cream cheese. I think Keith was the only one brave enough to try all three together.
***************************************
So today I tried to get caught up on tomatoes. I picked from the backyard and have more than I can fit in the dehydrator. And I still need to pick at the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment