Wednesday, July 3, 2013

HOT

It's deathly hot... My computer says 111 although the phone only claims 109. Plus it's humid, and still windy. This is our extreme weather, analogous to a blizzard. So we're staying inside today. Last week was nice enough. Catherine got energetic, and totally cleaned out the bar. We're looking at plywood for walls so it's easier to clean next time.
We ate flavor bombs.
And took home lots of yummy produce.
Including this dill for pickling.
*************************************
What We're Canning
I decided to finally try my hand at canning, and chose pickles to start. Catherine brought me some of their cukes, so I went for it. I sliced and them salted them first, then stuffed them in prepared jars with garlic, peppers, and dill (all homegrown).
I processed them for 10 mins.
And set them out to cool.
********************************
On the 28th, I started two more flats of seeds, this time with the new purchases from Territorial.
Thompson, Fiesta, Hallmark, Veronica, Summer Purple in B, two rows per each.
In C, I planted 1-4 in Apollo, 5-8 in Endeavor, and the last two in Tenderheart chinese cabbage.


No comments:

Post a Comment