Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ripe Tomatoes Part 2

It doesn't SEEM like fall, but it's time to start the fall planting. I put in some Packman Broccoli from seeds I had left from last year. I also ordered more fall seeds from Johnnies and Park Seed. I wanted to use some proven performers, like Belstar Broccoli and Kaboko Cabbage. I also got Mokum and Scarlet Nantes carrots, as those are the varieties that GRUB grows. And of course, I had to try a few more varieties, just for testing.
At the farm, Rick C was "fondling" the tomatoes and one came off in his hand. At least, that was his story. So we ate this lovely Sweet Tangerine.
 
And this Early Girl.
We also harvested some zucchini. That Romanesco in the middle got WAY too big, but the rest are perfect.
And... just to show that age doesn't necessarily equal maturity... /snicker
Rene was here so he set up the table saw.
And cut some boards. Unfortunately, in the process of getting out the materials, they disturbed a paper wasp nest, and Rick got stung. Fortunately he's ok. We got ice on it right away and he took a benedryl just to make sure, but he didn't have a histamine reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment