Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hair

Yesterday wasn't super hot. In fact, Catherine questioned an assertion that it was 88 degrees. So we checked and she was right... it was only 85 degrees. For a Chico July, that's downright balmy.
I finished getting the mulch put in back of the flower garden, so the melons can cross the area and climb up the trellising.
These are the Tigger melons, and they're starting to fruit.
The flowers are really pretty also. That shot of hot color really wakes up that bit of the yard. The orange cosmos are particularly nice. The sunflowers aren't blooming yet, but they're certainly tall.
Here's a closer shot of the marigolds, zinnias, and cosmos.
Rick communes with his corn, which has come up very nicely.
The girls are starting to lay regularly. Here are 4 eggs in the nest. The bottom one turned out to be double-yolked
The rooster is really an attractive bird, even if he is sorta unnecessary.
When the sun shines through his comb and wattles, they almost glow.
 *************************************************************
What We're Eating
Glen shared this wonderful recipe with us, so I had to try it. The anchos are not from our garden because I couldn't wait. These peppers are stuffed with shrimp and dover sole, topped with pepper jack cheese, and nestled in a bed of home-grown tomatillo sauce. I served them with cilantro/lime creme fraiche. It was really delicious.
 *************************************************************
Oh yeah and the hair thing. I got my hair cut yesterday. Not really farm related, but I haven't had short hair in a long time. I really like it. It's so much cooler and lighter. Besides, what's the point of long hair if it's always up in a bun? So Catherine insisted on taking some shots of me. As usual, I look dorky but....
I put these pics way at the end in the hopes that most folks have stopped reading by now...

No comments:

Post a Comment