Friday, July 30, 2010

Pepper Time

Despite the unseasonable mild weather, the peppers are ripening. It's pepper time! This is a big basket full of Biker Billy jalapenos. They are delicious and hot!
And here is the whole harvest for the day: onions, peppers (jalapeno, anaheim, cayenna, and big jim), and eggs. We're getting 5-7 eggs a day.
The sunlight coming through the egg basket caught my eye.
I keep trying to get a good shot of the flowers. They certainly were worth the small amount of effort.
The Boston Marrows are starting to really shoot out. They are already huge and full of fruit in my yard, but running quite a bit later here.
Since I'm already starting seeds for fall, I got to work on my potting table/greenhouse/shade structure. I laid out the boards and ran surveyers string to make a nice edge. I made sure the table top was situated such that my feet can be fully on the concrete, The cement there is just big enough. I won't be able to access the back half until we clear that area out, however.
I screwed all the boards down with my trusty drill tool. The plan is to raise the cold frame up and let it serve as the roof. I'll add greenhouse plastic all around the sides. I haven't decided how best to make the sides, but PVC is a likely choice.
Cooper helps Reny pick some tomatoes.
But as usual, we spend most of our time doing what we do best....

No comments:

Post a Comment