Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Backyard Seeding

After lunch I went out and seeded Row 1 of the backyard. I had already transplanted some greens there, leftovers from what I planted at the farm. These transplants went in on 9-20 from seeds started on 8-23. From front to back across the row: Peppermint chard x 9, Continuity Butterhead lettuce x 3, Win Win Choi x 3, then 2 Winter Red Kale and the last lettuce, then the last three Peppermint chard. After those bits, I planted about 4 feet of  Drunken Woman Frizzy Headed lettuce, then 5 feet of Winter Red Kale, and the last five feet, I split in half lengthwise and planted the front half with cabbage and the back (orchard) side with daikon.
I also picked a nice mess of peppers! I got a lot of pasillas this year. The red ones are cayennas, red thai, jalapeno, and a lot of serranos. The serranos produced very well this year also.

No comments:

Post a Comment