Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bullied by Vegetables

We said we wouldn't let this happen, but... the vegetables are such bullies! Yikes! My kitchen is buried in them. I'm surrounded!
So I set to work: I got the zucchs all cleaned and peeled.
Then grated and salted.
And today, after walking, I spiced them up and got them canned.
Four more quarts of relish to enjoy!
Rick hefts the giant bag of peelings and scraps for the chickens.
I also dried yet another rack of tomatoes.
And Karen and Glen smoked some paprikas for me.
Rick and Catherine help shell out the beans. These are the cannelinis from row 4a, and we still have more shelling to do. Notice jars of Rick's chili paste in the foreground. Rick was justifiably proud of how much food he was able to process and share this season.
I yanked out this mighty basil tree, but I'm done making pesto. I have enough.
So just when we're thinking we have the summer crops finally under control... Yikes! The brocs are brocking!
This whole row is doing great. We've got a great patch of broccoli this year.
The cabbages are ready for harvest.
On our walk today, we saw this nifty painted rock. Guerilla art at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment