Monday, January 4, 2010

Coop Fun

Sunday was the last of the second long weekend, so we tried to get a few more things done. Saturday and Sunday were not all that cold (it got into the high 50s) and it was sunny. Rick and Buddy got the trailer cleaned out. Rick intends to put this old truck body back on the trailer so he can move both.

Here it is all cleaned out. The cage part will be the chicken coop.

That task seemed pretty icky, so I busied myself in the garden. I had moved these bok choi the other day, but hadn't gotten a shot of it in daylight, so here it is. That is the row the cabbage used to be on. I'm gonna pull those cauliflower plants because the heads are all rotten.
 
The daikons are still small, but definitely forming roots.

Daikon can supposedly be planted all winter, so I put some more in yesterday. I had left small patches between each variety of onion. I had seeded these, but some didn't come up at all. In this patch, I put in more daikon.

The lettuce that came up was doing ok, so I planted some more here, just in front of the rose.

Behind the rose, by the first daikon patch, I put in some red radishes.

And I realized I hadn't put in a picture of my cheese except on the pizza, so here is a pic taken on 1-1. It's all gone now, although I did give a small wedge to Karen and Glen.

No comments:

Post a Comment