Monday, June 29, 2009

Hotness!

Sunday was pretty hot, so Rick and I stayed home and enjoyed the AC. I updated the Art Day page with the pix from the last Art Day, and some links to possible mosaic tile, so if you haven't checked that page for a while, take a look.

I braved the heat for just a minute to take some pix of my garden.

My bush beans have filled in their area, and are blooming nicely. I didn't see any fruit set yet, but I'm expecting it soon.



My pole beans are all trained to their trellising. And yeah, I need to weed more around them.



My tomatoes are setting fruit like crazy.



As are my volunteer tomatillos.



And my peppers are bigger than the same ones at the farm. More organic material in the soil? More water? Speaking of water, notice the irrigation going in on my garden. I'd like it to be automated before we go out of town.



Then I went over to Keith and Noel's to discuss plants for their new patio area. This is the "before" picture. We've come up with some good ideas for plantings.



They have some tomatoes in pots on their sunny back area, with huge clusters of fruits. There are several varieties in each pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment