Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Plums!

By now the apricots are done, and the plums are in their full glory.



We've picked a lot of them. This is a tiny portion.



I fooled around with drying or otherwise preserving them, but they are "clingy" and the pits are hard to remove. After making a pink mess all over my kitchen, I decided the best recipe for plums: Eat them!



The corn is coming up well. That area is pretty gravely, as it was where the cars were parked. The corn is really intended to shade the melons so we'll see if we get much in the way of ears.



And I couldn't resist: I had to plant a hill of pumpkins. Nice "Cinderella" style pumpkins will be great for decorating, especially if we get some of that black corn too.



Rick C had bragged that his tomatoes would be ripe by June 15, but the cool weather we've been enjoying dashed his prediction. However, I think I can see the first faint blush of ripening, can you? At least tell Rick you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment