Friday, May 6, 2011

Cherries and Wine

But not cherry wine.... The cherries are just beginning to ripen.
Making us think that it was just about time to bottle the plum wine. Fortunately, Karen and Glen were ready to help us! Here Rick pipes the wine into the bottles.
And Glen did the mighty smash of the wine corker.
Meanwhile, back at the farm... Row 6a is all planted with tomatoes around the existing chard and mustard. They ought to be fine together, and we'll eat the chard at baby stage anyway.
I put the rest of the tomatoes in Row 7b, because that one was ready to go! Row 6b still has peas, and hasn't had the chickens on it yet.
Rick put all the poles in the ground, so I'm ready to plant beans as well. I got some wire from Colliers today, so I should have all I need to put the bean trellises up. Once those are up, I can plant all the beans. Then, I'll plant the peppers and lay down the straw between the rows. Phew! But after that comes the fun part: drinking beer while waiting to switch the irrigation to the next row.

No comments:

Post a Comment