Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cherry Blossom Time

The cherry is in full bloom and looking great.
It's just covered in blossoms.
Making the bees very happy.
Rick and Rick finished the plumbing, at least the shut-off valve and anti siphon valve part. We still need to add another standpipe.
Yesterday I got Karen's starts to her. They are nice and big and should do well.
Rick has been diligently making more land for us.
Here he is again, a day later, while Catherine bones up on local bugs.
The gopher traps I ordered came, and Rick shows one off. He found a gopher run and put a trap out.
The chicks are about a month old. I got them on the 23rd, but they'd probably been in the store for a few days.
I couldn't stand it, so I planted more peppers: some Sonora (an Anaheim type) and a couple of Habaneros. It might be too late to be starting them, but I thought I'd give it a shot. By next growing season I intend to have both heat mats going. That will give me twice the space, which should be about enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment