Thursday, February 18, 2010

Peppers Planted

Yesterday I got busy and planted the pepper seeds I had ordered, mostly from Karen's wonderful catalog, Gourmet Seeds (GS), and some from Baker Creek and Burpee.

I had planted the Biker Billy jalapenos early last week (I guess I never wrote down exactly when). But I moved all the last of the lettuce out of the hot box, and filled it with peppers and a few tomatoes.

Starting at the top left, I planted 4 pots each of: Serrano (Burpee), Red Demon Thai (original Renee's seeds), Cajun Tabasco (GS), Red Peter (GS), Pasillo Bajio (GS).
Bottom Left: Chile de Arbol (GS), Cayenne (GS), Sweet Tangerine tomato (Burpee, same seed as last year), and Principe Borghese (GS) a sun drying tomato (8 pots),
Top Right: Biker Billy's (Burpee) (18 pots)
Bottom Right: Big Jim (GS), a New Mexico type for drying (12 pots), and Quadrato d'asti Giallo (Baker Creek), a large yellow bell pepper (8 pots).
Off to the side in the clear pan are 9 Ancho Giganticas (GS).

I wish I could remember when I planted those Biker Billy, but it was sometime last week. I sort of expect them to sprout any minute, and if they don't sprout soon, I'll check for germination.

No comments:

Post a Comment