Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chicks

Well, I went down to C Bar D feeds and got some chicks. I got a dozen Barred Rocks. They will be beautiful. Right now they are cute as can be.
I have them in the bathroom in a dog kennel. The bathroom can be kept warm with a light on them, and the heat fan running. They need to be kept at 80 degrees until they have feathers. The spaces between the wires on the dog kennel are actually too big, and the chicks can get out. They should outgrow that in a few days. In the meantime, I put some tinfoil around the bottom to discourage them from leaving the pen. We'll also keep the bathroom door closed. Here they are, roaming around, eating and drinking. You can see all 12 in this shot. No... I'm not going to name them.
Karen came over today and we planted some more seeds for her: Three pots of Black Cherry Tomato, one Biker Billy Jalapeno, a Serrano, and a Red Thai, a Sweet Tangerine tomato, a Buck's County tomato, and one Prince Borg (Principe Borghese). We planted 3 seeds in each pot.
It's raining today, although it was lovely yesterday. Yesterday I planted more peas (Paso) at the farm. I used the fake bamboo poles and they work great. I also got my roses pruned and mostly weeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment