Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter Solstice

The Winter Solstice passed yesterday, so the days will start getting longer. Yay! Since it's the Solstice, I reveiwed some Solstice traditions from many cultures. Check it out on Wikipedia.

It was pretty gloomy yesterday, but I went to the farm yesterday. Just as I arrived, Bill called. He got off work early and came over for a bit. He had some trouble opening his beer cork though....


We didn't do much besides drink beer. I did pick a few greens.

And a lovely big cabbage. I made half of this big boy into egg rolls, and the other half will be a colcannon torte.

This is just the heart of the cabbage after most of the outer leaves have been picked off. And it's still as tall as my tall mug, and very solid inside.

This isn't really farm news, but I made this scarf for Laura. It was a hit and I'm making more. Actually, this IS farm news because I've been knitting over at the farm when it's too cold and gloomy to farm.

Also, Sierra Nevada came out with growlers! Now we can have breakfast at the pub, and fill our growler for taking over to the farm.

I think it's time to do something with our mannequin.

No comments:

Post a Comment