Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Freeze!

It's really cold! It's been getting down into the 20s at night. We've had hard, hard frosts the last two nights, with snow in Sacto and SF. It would snow here except there's been no precipitation. Speaking of which, where is our predicted rain? It's cold and clear. Right now all my hoses are frozen, and the citrus trees look a little bedraggled. The croquet gnome shows that the fountain is frozen solid--at 2 pm. It's the hottest part of the day, and the temperature has risen to a balmy 42 degrees.... brrrrrrrr!


I haven't been to the farm in several days, so we'll have to see how the crops are faring. Since it's too cold to go outside much, I'm doing a lot of baking. Here are the raw materials for more pumpkin bars. The pecans are from Bill's yard, and I've shelled them all out. They're roasting at this very moment. I cooked up the pumpkins yesterday, and I'll be putting this batch into the oven very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment