Friday, July 31, 2009

Bruschetta

Yesterday was much cooler, and quite pleasant. I went out for a lovely lunch with Laura, and showed her how to move and edit pictures on her laptop. I was sort of ahead on my files, so I took the rest of the afternoon off.

I made a small loaf of bread (half the rolls recipe, with the other half going for hamburger buns), then sliced it lengthwise and broiled it until it was toasty. I peeled a whole head of garlic (from RickC's yard) and munched it up with olive oil, then drizzled that liberally over the toasted bread. Then I sliced it, wrapped it up, and brought it over to the farm.



Now all we needed was ripe tomatoes and fresh basil. Here RickC demonstrates proper harvesting technique.



Then everyone just built their own bruschetta. Mmmm summer in a slice.



I also planted some more seeds: 6 fennel, 6 parsley and 3 more broccoli. Now I'm just waiting for the seeds I ordered to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment