Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Food Day at Chapman Market

In case I didn't have enough going on this month, I participated in Food Day at the Chapman Market. It was a great event and a huge success. It was a perfect, crispy fall day and the stalls were overflowing with fall produce.
 I had gourds for the kids to color, which made my booth very popular. And while the kids colored, the moms and dads looked at my wares. I bought some daikon from the Yang's and served it with samples of my Garlic-Herb Salt. I sold 6 bags! I also brought jelly but that wasn't as popular.
I was glad to see that lots of people came out. What this market needs is more awareness and visibility and I hope folks will remember it as being lush and inviting and worth coming back to.
It was a lovely day in the park. You can see the vegetable chucker in the background...There were lots of activities, including some great drummers from Chapman School and a band as well as lots of informational booths about nutrition, GMO, and other food related causes.
The kids all had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment