Thursday, May 22, 2014

Is It Summer Yet?

Well, it's fair weekend this weekend, so it must be almost summer. And it's getting hot. Our bit of rain last weekend may have been the fair's rain, coming a mite early. Because it always, always rains on the Silver Dollar Fair. Always... Also, this Friday is the last Friday I have to go to the market to meet the conditions of my scholarship. But I'll probably keep going, except in the worst of the summer heat. In the meantime, I'm finding homes for left over plants. We met Sissy (Davina) Smith, and donated a bunch of plants to the community garden at the African American Family and Cultural Center in Oroville.
Walked down to the Jesus Center Garden on Mon. to try to catch up with Jim, but he wasn't there. On the way back, I noticed this cute little garden. It's a tiny space, but they've made the most of it.
Rick is making great progress on the chicken coop. Yesterday, he got the door up. Now we just need a few more pieces and it's all done. It's even pretty cute for being made totally out of found materials.
Ricky C helped me get the beans in. That man can just bend in half! Row 1B: Red Mexican, Row 2B: Flambo, Row 3B: Turtle, Row 4B front: White, Row 4B back: Jacob's cattle. We got these in 5-20 and I got the irrigation all set up yesterday (5-21)

After we planted, I sent some seeds home with Rick for his yard.
Dean came by and took a few more plants.
Our tenants are moving out of 9th Street, but we have another gal poised to move in. We went by and took a quick look at it, and it doesn't look too bad. We will get it painted next week, which Rick took off. Jane and Titus will help us, so it will go fast.
I saw the price for Kare Chips at S and S. Really pricy, but they have to be because they turn into nothing when you roast them.
They have been replacing the water main in the alley behind out house, and on Tuesday, the water was off most of the day, so I went downtown. Had lunch with Rick, then grabbed a beer on the patio of Burgers and Brews. I had a Citrus Mistress from Hop Valley brewery in Oregon. I'd never even heard of them. The deckle had some Boont on it, so I photo'd it so I could remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment