Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rain, Finally

Finally we are getting some rain. We had 7/10 inch in the gauge yesterday, and it's rained off and on all day today. It's a good thing I finished some garden chores! I don't have a pic, but I got the rest of the clover planted in sector 1. That should be it for planting this year, unless I stick a few favas in on the edge. It didn't rain until yesterday, but by Friday it was clouding up a little, making for a nice sunset.
Dean came over and brought us some acorn bread that he had made. He leached the acorns over and over until they were edible, then baked it up. We all had a small piece.
Saturday, we finished getting the window installed. It's much nicer. I need to get busy and paint the rest of the wall.
What's great about this picture? The pallet of extra pavers is gone. We also attacked some weeds along the fenceline, and generally cleaned up this corner.
Nancy walked with us on Monday. This sign cracked me up. Notice the little pig sticker too...
Nancy is in town all this week, so we went to lunch yesterday. Rick got the afternoon off and he and I went to the Goose after lunch. I had the Manzanita, and Rick had the Faction.
I picked some more peppers this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment