Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

We had our Halloween party on the Saturday before Halloween (10-26). The theme was Fairy Tales, and folks had some great costumes. It was a fairly small party, but still fun. Titus and Jane were sick, Karen and Glen were up in Forest Ranch making wine, Keith and Noel were out of town...etc. But we still had a good core of wacky folks. Rick made a very scary Captain Hook. I did ask him to check his sword at the door, though.
I used my Lady Godiva hair yet again; this time I was Rapunzel. If you look closely, you can see the prince climbing my hair. 
I went all over town looking for a good action figure, and this guy was perfect. He was even fully articulated, so I could pose him at will. I made him a teeny tiny T-tunic and a crown, a belt and a sword. I figured he would take his boots off for climbing. 
Laura came as Cruella Deville, and brought her delicious ghoul-lash.
But by far the best costumes of the night were Rick and Catherine's! Hilarious. Rick makes such a... disturbing... Little Bo Peep. 
Delina had to drive back from a tournament, but she made it. And Cindy came as a mom who reads fairy tales to her kids. I told her any costume counts as long as you can make up a story about it! 
Melinda and Rita came. We may never see Melinda in a dress again! 
Tom was perfect as the Mad Hatter!
There was plenty of good food.
And music on the patio.
Fortunately the weather was clear and not too cold so we could use the back patio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment