Sunday, August 28, 2011

Doing the Can Can

With all the writing and traveling I've been doing, I haven't had time for a blog post in a while, so this is sort of a mishmash. But here's our catchup...

Earlier this month, Rick revved up his chainsaw and chopped down the apple tree. It was full of fire blight, and had to come out.
And I stuck some lettuce seeds in this big flat. They're coming up really nicely now. And now we can figure out which is which!
While I was in Roseville, I caught up with my sister at the Yardhouse.
And asked the waiter to take a pic of us both.
When I got home, I had a nice surprise. Rick re-did the bathroom floor while I was gone. It looks great!
******************************************
What Rick Ate
Rick took a few pix to reassure me that he wasn't starving while I was gone.

**********************************
Yesterday, while I sat home and wrote, Rick, RickyC, and Buddy fired up the stoves.
And started canning produce.
They picked a bunch of beans to make dilly beans.
And cooked up a big pot of tomato sauce, with green peppers, onion, and garlic.
Rick brought over his clever home-made chile roaster and roasted up a bunch of peppers from his garden as well as what was ripe at the farm.
Buddy was relaxing when I stopped by, but he had chopped all the onion and garlic.
Lots of onion and garlic.
The naked ladies are totally in full bloom.
I picked this from out backyard, then picked out the tomatoes to save for us.
And sent this over to become Salsa Verde. Tons of tomatillos and serrano chiles.
Here's the result of their labor: 3 cans of Salsa Verde from our produce, and 5 more from farm produce, 4 pints of dilly beans, 2 of roasted peppers, and 8 pints of tomato sauce. What a bunch of food!
Ok... back to work... /sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment