Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Boy and His Chicken

Buddy got older... We gathered around to wish him well... or give him a bad time.
A boy and his chicken...
At our house, the painting progresses. Before:
And after. Isn't this great?!
Titus and Jane look triumphant.
We're far enough done that we could cook again. I went out in the farm and picked a bunch of stuff. As I came back with it all, Rick asked what I had there, and I said "Breakfast."
And indeed it was. It was so wonderful to eat homegrown, homemade food.
Rick has started chipping out bricks from the old bed at our house to take to the farm... 12 at at time, because that is two bucketloads and about a trunkful. Buddy's been getting the onions trimmed and bagged and I've been braiding garlic.The summer crop is about put up. RickyC clowns around with the garlic.
The starts that I planted on 7-16 are tall and leggy, showing the first set of true leaves. I'm considering gettting them in the ground soon. I need to be planting more also. We're cleaning up the ex-garlic and onion rows for fall crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment