Friday, January 28, 2011

Still Winter

Sigh... oddly enough, it's still winter! Whose idea was this? The weather really hasn't been that bad for January: cold, foggy in the mornings, but dry.The geese are flying around all over, honking and catching the sun on their wings.
I finished getting the wood all stacked. The small pile in the center is last year's wood, which can be burned this year. Notice the pile of "ubanite" in the corner.
I also finished out this front bed. I still need to plant some dramatic flowers in the open spot, but at least it's thinned and sorted out.
We have the first flowers on the table after quite a hiatus. These are the earliest of the narcissus.
My Baker Creek order came... good thing I didn't buy everything I wanted... I kept it down to enough for 10 acres.
Some of the broccoli is almost to harvesting size. Trying to get anything to grow in January is pretty hopeless. Next year, I'll make sure to have more things started in mid summer, so we at least have some chard and mustard. And of course, there are still a few pumpkins.
Rick brought the bender over, and he and Ricky made some structure pieces for Ricky's greenhouse.
We're still having lovely sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment