Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Garden Sweet Garden

The end of December was cold and raw. It wasn't always nice garden weather, but we did what we could. Laura brought us this wonderful sign. I was going to put it on the gate, but I realized that a. someone would quickly steal it, and b. I couldn't see it from there! So we put it on the sink. It fits there beautifully, and gives us something pretty to look at while cleaning eggs.
We've got the chickens working on the old flower patch. There is actually a nice bed there now.

We decided to use the old umbrella stand to fix the fence around the tub. It worked great, but then we had some big pavers left over. They made a perfect stoop area for the bar.
The oranges are almost ripe.
About the only other thing in the garden now is raddiccio. I must remember to start more plants in mid summer. We could have lots more chard and kale now, and I should have gotten more broccoli in sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment