Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rainy Days

Well... it's finally winter! We've had cold weather and rain the last few days. On Friday, we went to the farm, even though it was drizzling. We cleaned up the bar area so we could sit around it. It's dry at least! We decided to prioritize the back window (cold draft!) and the lighting. I have a few extra strands of fairy lights in my basket right now, but it's been to0 wet for even us to be out in it.

 I decided to update the window coverings in the bathroom. I had made waxed grasses several years ago, but they were tattered and dusty. Here's what they looked like before.
 I had a particularly good crop of sea oats in my front beds this year, so that's what I decided to use. I picked a bunch, making sure I had nice long stems.
I got out all the other materials and set up outside. I used my starter box to provide power, and plugged in my laptop so I could watch video while I worked.
 This is how it turned out.

 ****************************************************
What We're Eating
On a cold day like this, beans sounded good. I've got a pot of our beans cooking on the back of the stove. They're seasoned with our oregano, basil, and chiles.
****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment