Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Glen Cleanup

It rained on Sunday, but yesterday was glorious, so I went over to the farm early. I planted the rest of the broccoli starts in row 6  on the west side. In the center I planted chard, and on the far east side I put in a mix of red and curly mustard.
 I also put poles up around the rows so nobody will walk over it. This shows the broccoli in row 7b.
 Buddy had dug up the weeds in the glen. Then I got busy and cut a bunch of the climbing rose and lilac back. We tied up some rose branches to the rose of sharon to make an arch across it.
 By the time I thought of taking pictures it was pretty dark. The almost full moon looked really neat near the hawk tree.
 I tried taking pictures on different settings, but I couldn't hold still enough for the long aperature shots. So I had some fun with the effect.
 Here is the day's harvest of peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment