Saturday, May 9, 2009

Asha's Garden

I finally got my garden space planted. Here are the plants set out, ready to be planted.





Bill mowed for me, so I mulched the garden.



The lettuce is done, and we're still eating it as often as possible. I gave heads to Karen and Glen, as well as the co-op gang.



Above are the lettuces on 4-28 and here they are today:



Notice how many we've eaten! We need to eat the last ones soon.

The herb garden is doing well.



*****
What we're eating:

Fried Egg Salad

Chop a beautiful homegrown head of romaine lettuce in half. Fry two eggs fresh from the chickens and put one on top of each lettuce half. Mix Maries Bleu Cheese dressing half and half with fresh lemon juice, and drizzle over the salad. Add any gourmet meats or cheeses you might have on hand plus a handful of fresh herbs.



**********

No comments:

Post a Comment