Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Ides of March

It's mid March, and it seems like mid May. It's been warm and sunny, although last weekend was cloudy with a bit of rain. It also sprinkled for a minute last Wednesday. It didn't actually rain on my birthday, but rained on both sides of it. The ceanothus is in bloom, the hyacinths are finished, and the irises are starting.
A few days ago, the trees were covered in blooms. Now the plums are leafing out like crazy.
The peach tree still blooming a bit but showing lots of leaves.
And the cherry is in full bloom now.
My starts are amazing! They got so big so fast!
The peppers need planting soon.
We went downtown with Karen and Glen last Wed. but I forgot to take pix for my bar project! I guess we just have to go again. I did like this pic of the plaza, with the moon over the Senator tower in the background.
I did remember to get a pic when we ran into Avory downtown and he made us drink with him in Bella's (#9).
Laura came down and we cut up old Levi's to make work aprons.
And yeah, somebody might have had a birthday. We didn't do much because the beer trip was the party, but we did have a few folks stop by the farm.
*************************************
What We're Eating and Drinking
With more eggs than I know what to do with, I've been trying different recipes. This souffle was to use up the leftover egg whites after I made mayo. I'm going to make whole-egg mayo in the future, but the souffle was fun. And the mayo was heavenly! It's nothing like that nasty white storebought stuff.
Buddy got a bottle of Single Hop Harvest Idaho 7. Tasty stuff!
************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment