Friday, August 15, 2014

TomatoMania

It's definitely tomato time. Why did I think I needed so many?! I'm drying, roasting, and freezing as fast as I can.
They are all beautiful tomatoes and every one of them turned out to be real winners.
The Blue Beauties are a spectacular tomato: beautiful, delicious, and fairly firm when ripe (so they last longer).
The Indigo Blueberries are beyond gorgeous, and are turning out to be a good dryer.
There just keep being more!
We made the sign for the outside tomatoes.
And Rick got it installed.
And when we're not eating tomatoes, we're eating peaches. We got a very nice crop off our small Fay Alberta tree.
********************************
Weather Note
I've lived in Chico for 30 years, and I've NEVER seen it rain in July. But this year it did. We had a few sprinkles one day, then we had a solid night and day of rain, when we got just over half inch of rain! But hey, don't worry, we haven't ruined our planet's climate...
***********************************************
Had a nice lunch at Tres with Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment