Monday, April 14, 2014

Markets and Vistors

I did my first stint at the Chapman Farmers' Market. It was a good time. I was a little slow and occasionally a little flustered, but it will go much smoother next time, and I really didn't have any trouble. I've decided not to sell chocolates, at least not in the summertime! It was just too much hassle. The starts sold really well though. Next week I'll bring a lot more plants.
Lots of friends came, which helped make it extra fun. 
Dwight and Linda were in town, so they came to the farm. It was great to get to see them. They brought some beer and snacks to share. Dwight enjoyed the Nooner, but it was a bit hoppy for Linda. 
Dwight got to help Rick on the chicken coop a bit. Rick got the back doors all done, which was a good thing because once they were off, he pretty much had to finish before dark! 
The chicks are still thriving. They are starting to look like little birds instead of fluffy chicks. 
I transplanted over the weekend until I had used up every one of my cups. I went back to Costco today for more dirt and cups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment