Thursday, December 19, 2013

Midwinter Planting

Planting? Now? Well, since we probably lost most of our winter broccoli and greens, I decided to start a flat of greens. So, the first flat of Spring is planted. Flat A has rows 1-3 in Drunken Woman Frizzy Headed lettuce, then 4-7 in red winter kale, and 8-10 in Continuity butterhead.
I also decided to get busy and plant the hyacinths I bought at Costco.
White ones are Aiolos and Purple Sensation are lavender with white borders. I put them all around the apricot/plum by where we sit, behind my chair and Buddy's. Buddy also got busy and did a bunch of pruning around the lilac and rose thicket.
And Rick got the afternoon off, so he worked on the bar. He got the rest of the boards up. I would paint but it's too cold now.
We had a beautiful sunset last night. Today is windy and cold, but at least it looks nice and sunny through the windows.
When we walked on Monday, we saw a whole bunch of these sucker fish in Sycamore Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment