Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Winter Weather

We've been getting as much fall planting and clean up done as possible. Wintery weather is setting in, with a solid rainstorm and cloudy, windy days. I got the garlics planted in the backyard. The rain has made the ground nice and soft to work. I am continuing to work on expanding this garden space. I'd also like to add a couple more fruit trees.
I picked and strung up all the peppers. That's a lot of peppers!
We harvested the pumpkin patch at the farm and got the vines all picked up. Some of these aren't ripe, but they're all pretty. The tactic of growing vines over the old stump seems to have worked, as we don't see any apple shoots. However, the bermuda sure loved the manure... but it will come out fairly easily.
I sacrificed the biggest Galeaux for making Thanksgiving pies.
I didn't get a pic, but Buddy helped me dig up some rows at 9th, and we got three rows of favas planted at least. As soon as it stops raining, I'll go plant some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment