Friday, September 28, 2012

Indian Summer

Ok last post was catchup, but here's where the farm is at the end of September. This is rows 2 and 3. the center of the garden is open right now.
And here's the right half, rows 5 through 8. Look at how big those brocs are!
In fact, they're broccing!
This row has a complement of basil.
 While this one is enlivened by a zinnia.
 The datura is out of control in front of the rose. This flower had a giant bee in it. Seriously, the bee was as fat as my thumb, and nearly as long.
 I weeded and thinned the new broccoli starts, and they are doing really well.
 These cabbage and bok chois are bursting out also.
 We got some volunteer mustard around the edges of the lettuce bed. Notice the shadecloth on hoops.
 The shade seems to be working, because the lettuces are thriving.
Even with fall crops coming in strongly, we're still awash in summer crops, like zucchini
And tomatoes and peppers.
The Thai peppers are about ready for harvest.
 With it a little cooler, we got the rest of the trench dug out for the rest of the foundation.
 This was just a cool mural I saw downtown. I saw a gal taking a picture of ... a parking lot. I wondered what she was seeing and... I found out!
 Back at my house, I picked the pumpkins today.
 A few apples fell off, so I think they are almost ripe.
 The triambles ripen up slower, but I'm getting some nice ones.
 Including this tree-climber.

No comments:

Post a Comment