Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Party!

 This year's Halloween Party was a great one! I was still kind of worn out, but I rallied and got the party going.  Here is the table before all the food went on it.
I had a bat up on the window, and we got the bat alert!
The theme was: Superheros: What's your superpower? Folks really seemed to have fun with this theme. Bill and Laura came a little early to help set up the lighting and put the food out. Laura was the food pusher!
And Bill was Super Hippie!
I was Chicken Woman, the Chicken Wrangler, aka the Cock Plucker.
Rick was Dr. Molybdenum, Professor of Gimbology.
Buddy was Beerman!
Catherine was a Tea Party crusher.
And Rick was Super Salsa Man: Able to turn ordinary garden seeds into award-winning salsa.
Jane was the Voice of Reason. She even had little cards with quotes pertaining to reason that she handed out.
Titus was The Fiddler.
Keith and Noel were Clark Kent/Superman and Catwoman. I like to think that this is Clark after he became comfortable with who he was, and "came out."
Delina and Donna came as... a hetero couple! Hilarious. Delina is wearing makeup, and she even painted her fingernails and toenails.
I'm not sure what Tom is, but he looked freaky.
Lori was Super Procrastinator. She has makeup on one side, hair fixed on one side... generally she is going to get around to finishing her costume later....
Rene and Cooper came. Cindy came with a couple of friends, but I didn't get a pic of her this year.
Even Captain Gilhooley showed up.
Here's Kim with Tom.
And three goddesses
Everyone brought great food and the table was just filled!
I scattered candy corn and other candies on the table like confetti. The centerpiece is made of rose hips from my roses, broom corn, and my painted gourds.
 Notice the hand rising up out of the dip.
The pumpkin puke (actually edamame hummus) was delicious.
Ok so we had fun guests in clever costumes eating delicious food. What else do we need? Live music! Fortunately the temperatures were surprisingly warm that night, and we were able to enjoy the patio.
Rick and Tom get things started. That's Gullick's arm in the corner.
Rick and Tom sang lots of songs together.
The audience is enjoying the music.
Then Melinda arrived and did a set.
I danced!
Tom and Melinda and Bill play.
Tom takes a break while Nancy casts a spell on him.
It was a really fantastic party. I sure had a good time, and I hope everyone else did also.

No comments:

Post a Comment