Monday, October 17, 2011

New Roof

We knew we couldn't go another year with a leak in the roof, so we had the whole roof replaced. They tore off the old roof, and made a big mess.
The truck had to drive on the verge to get the shingles up to the rooftop.
I am sure glad I didn't have to climb on the roof.
I tried out my new Weed Dragon, and it was even more fun than I expected it to be. I burned all the weeds growing up through the edge of the patio, and dug more bermuda grass out. I need to reflame it, but it certainly knocked back most of the weeds. The summer harvest is over, so I have started letting the chickens out to do their thing. I'll dig up more bermuda, rip out the remaining vines, and start some lettuce and other greens for the winter.
Rick C. pulled out the last of his peppers, and made some more pepper sauce. I have a bag of his habaneros to add to my serranos for some strained red sauce, which I'll make today.

No comments:

Post a Comment