Monday, August 9, 2010

Sink and Sunflowers

I feel like I'm behind at getting seeds started, but I put in 14 more starts of broccoli, all Belstar Hybrid, on 8-6.
My yard is totally taken over by squash. I put my foot here for scale. This Boston Marrow is 19 inches long and 33 inches around. It's not even the biggest one!
And my crazy triamble pumpkins are climbing the fence.
We got some more work done on the big sink. Rick works on the framework. We're using old fence boards of course.
Rick and Buddy carry it into the shade for fitting.
It's going to work just fine.
******************************************************************
What We're Eating
Chile Relleno Quiche!
I singed the Anaheims and Big Jims over an open flame, and then steamed them. Then I peeled and seeded them, chopped them, and added them to a regular quiche recipe along with some fresh mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Delicious! Rick and I ate one pie, and I took the other to the farm.
********************************************************************
Our sunflowers have just started to bloom. These are our Mammoths and Tarahumara whites.
 If you look closely, you can see a bee heading for the flower on the right.
The carrots in the box are finally starting to fill out. I hit them with fish emulsion a couple of times, and it really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment